November is a big birthday month in my family including me, my oldest son, my mother in law and two of my cousins so of course we love citrine! Last month we gave you a list of interesting facts about the Opal(October's birthstone),let's see what Citrine, the November stone can tell us...
- Citrine is also known as "healing quartz" because it supports vitality and health while bringing energy and warmth to the wearer.
- The citrine has also been called a "success stone" or "merchant stone" as it is said to promote prosperity. The stones are often kept in the cash drawer of businesses.
- The stone comes in a variety of hues from pastel yellow to a dark orange similar to amber.
- Citrine is primarily found in Brazil, Russia, Africa, and the USA.
- The name "citrine" comes from its citrus, lemon-like color.
- Be careful! This stone is often created by a lab heat process from the amethyst stone. Make sure you know what you're really getting.
- Topaz, which comes in a variety of colors, is also considered a November birthstone
A bride and groom exchange rings on their wedding day, but many couples also exchange gifts the night before or the day of their numptuals. These gifts are often items that can be worn or used on their wedding day or upcoming honeymoon. Most importantly they should be a metaphor for the marriage; timeless and built to last. Here are a few sentimental yet functional gift ideas for the groom that celebrate the first day of the rest of your lives:
Cuff links and tie clips are items he can wear on the wedding day and for all of your future special occasions. Keep them classic on the front for future use, but add a personal note on the back that marks the wedding day - every time he puts them on he will be reminded of walking down the aisle.
While the money clip is not something he can visibly wear on the wedding day, it is a very functional option and great for the guy who isn't into jewelry. He can use this item on a daily basis for years to come.
A wide men's cuff is a great versatile option. He can wear it casually or for special events. Add an inscription on the inside to commemorate your anniversary and/or a favorite quote or lyric on the outside that describes your relationship or the man he is.
Show him you know and love his interests and hobbies. Whenever he goes golfing or to play a few chords on his guitar he will remember your loving support.