November is a big birthday month in my family including me, my oldest son, my mother in law and two of my cousins so of course we love citrine! Last month we gave you a list of interesting facts about the Opal(October's birthstone),let's see what Citrine, the November stone can tell us...
- Citrine is also known as "healing quartz" because it supports vitality and health while bringing energy and warmth to the wearer.
- The citrine has also been called a "success stone" or "merchant stone" as it is said to promote prosperity. The stones are often kept in the cash drawer of businesses.
- The stone comes in a variety of hues from pastel yellow to a dark orange similar to amber.
- Citrine is primarily found in Brazil, Russia, Africa, and the USA.
- The name "citrine" comes from its citrus, lemon-like color.
- Be careful! This stone is often created by a lab heat process from the amethyst stone. Make sure you know what you're really getting.
- Topaz, which comes in a variety of colors, is also considered a November birthstone
I don't know about you but I'm always on the hunt for the perfect piece of jewelry, a piece I never want to take off. This necklace fits the description to a T. It goes with everything, is eye-catching and features my favorite little girls name :)
This design is so popular with our customers that we reference it constantly in the shop. Instead of saying 'horizontal name plate necklace' or 'flat rectangle charm necklace' we call it the 'Sophia Necklace'. Small and sweet just like her.
While it is popular as is, it's no surprise that customer ask for variations of the design. Many have requested changes in length, material & adding diamond birthstones to their necklaces. If you have more text, you can opt for two lines or get your text centered rather than left of right justified.
If you have more than one name to feature, you can get two necklaces of varying lengths and plate sizes and wear them together. The Ryan bar is a little longer than the Ava bar and the chain length is also a little longer. When worn together, this makes for a very stunning look!
A couple of small changes in a layout can make a design unique and something you can call your own. When customers want something simple but just a little different than the standard name centered in the middle of the charm we work with them to create a layout that meets their vision.
These two charms are great examples of how off centering the name can create a clean but intriguing design. We justified the the names to the bottom right and placed them on an angle. The gold version is a 1/2" yellow gold charm with gold rim with a single name in our typewriter font.
The silver version is 5/8 Silver Charm with Silver Rim and Flush Set Stones. The flush set stone fills in the extra space by the shorter name very well.
Do you have a unique layout idea for a personalized charm? Call us at 912-771-1133 and we'll show you a free design preview with our online jewelry design software.