It's that time again... reflect on the past year and think about what the future may bring. For many of us that includes making some resolutions and setting some goals. More often than I would like to admit, while my intentions are good, my execution falls short. I'm sure I'm not the only one. It's New Year’s Eve, the drinks are flowing and everyone is talking about their big resolution. It always seems to turn into a cornucopia of "one-upsmanship". Lose a zillion lbs, run a mile every day for the rest of my life, become a yoga sifu, save the world....
The next morning (or afternoon ) you're at your local grease pit trying to subdue the damage from the night before, the resolution just a faint memory. It doesn't have to be that way. This year is going to be different.
To help me along with my resolutions and goals in 2013, I had Elisha make me a resolution key chain to ensure the commitments I make at midnight don't fade away. In the images below you can see the design I made using our online jewelry design software and the final product . I used a 1" silver charm and silver key chain ring. You can also retrieve the design with the online jewelry design software and make it your own.
Here are the things I put on my resolution key chain:
1. 2013 The year of success – In spite of all the negative vibes reverberating of the fiscal cliff chatter, I wrote this to remind me to be chronically optimistic this year.
2. 20 lbs - Pretty obvious stuff here. Elisha is a good looking lady... gotta keep her interested ;-).
3. 3x - Business growth goals. I know it’s a tall order, but I was born to dream big and achieve.
4. Top 100K - That's the site ranking I want to get MetalPressions.com to.
5. III - Jiu Jitsu - Keeping focused to get the third stripe on my blue belt. I seem to have let life side track my training. This year I want to get back to being competitive.
6. 100% - Customer Satisfaction - That's what it's gonna take to get to 3x last year’s numbers!
7. Greek - I know a little Greek and want to learn some more. Maybe even teach my kids some too with the help of Rosetta Stone.
8. Shark Tank - We love the show and often daydream about being on it. I think we are going to apply to get on.
The key chain goes a little beyond your typical New Year’s Resolutions, but it is a fun way to remind yourself about what you want to achieve.
What are your News Years Resolutions and goals for 2013?